Bahubali Gulabchand Foundation
Bahubali Gulabchand Foundation a Charitable trust was founded in the fond memory of Late Shri Bahubali Gulabchand. He was the last Chairman of the Walchand Group of Companies. He was active in all group Companies and led and put them on the path of progress. He died in the year 1998 after serving more than a half century to the Walchand Group of Companies. He was always concerned about poor, old, aged, homeless and needy people and also about their education, health and basic needs like water, shelter etc. The trust has been founded with following objectives.
- To provide funds for the relief of the poor and including relief on account of natural calamities, riots, fire , earthquake, epidemics and like to any individual, institution, societies, organizations, trust etc.
- To create and establish the movement for eliminating child labour from the society.
- Providing housing to the needy and deserving people and assist them in acquiring land, accommodation and establishing co-operative housing societies.
- The advancement or propagation of education, art, literature, research and support of educational institutions.
- Providing medical relief including the establishments, maintenance and support of institutions fund for such relief to hospitals dispensaries, sanatorium, clinics etc.
- To create emphasis on the health by improving medical and mental condition through nutrition and hygiene awareness programmes, prevention of diseases like HIV/AIDS and immunization of children in slum areas.
- To co-ordinate with the government and semi government agencies for providing basic human needs such as clean water, sanitation, electricity, roads and the likes.
- To develop medium by establishing for cause and betterment of the centres for orphanages, old aged people, homes for mentally retarded people, play ground for children etc.